AFTON, Minn. - The Afton Area Business Association is pleased to present the 38th annual Afton Art in the Park, Saturday, September 24 and Sunday, Sept. 25 (10 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days), 2016. The event takes place in the shady and picturesque Town Square Park, located in the charming St. Croix River town of Afton, MN.
This 2-day, outdoor arts and craft fair includes unique and inspired shopping with over 100 vendors showcasing fine arts, pottery, woodwork, jewelry, photography, sculpture, fiber and more.
The event also features:
- · A Children’s Art Pavilion, including the Franconia spin art wheel and fall inspired crafts
- · Live folk/jazz music from popular band Patchouli, performing in the park band shell both days from 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- · A wine/beer tent in the park, benefitting the Afton Museum
- · Artists awards announced Sunday at approximately 3:30 pm
- · A business fair located along the main street in town (St. Croix Trail)
- · A great selection of food and beverages for sale
Plus Afton’s many unique shops and restaurants welcome visitors during the event.
Art in the Park is a featured event of “Take Me to the River”, two weeks of art festivals and other art-inspired events taking place in towns along the scenic St. Croix River. For more information, visit www.takemetotheriver.info.
People go through the different tents containing arts and craft displays during Afton Art in the Park. Photo submitted