By Lisa Holtan
The fair is here! If you are a local you know I’m talking about the Pierce County Fair. It’s fair time and with it comes malts, pie, corn dogs….the food list is endless.
Today I thought I would put together a list of how we can keep the fair foods fat-loss friendly. So, here we go:
- Eat protein. Hamburger, hot dog, brats, chicken…..find a food that has protein in it. The protein will fill you up and keep you full.
- · Find veggies. I know veggies are not popular during fair time, but if you can find some eat them. The fiber will keep your cravings at bay. Try veggies on a baked potato
- · Share the deep fried food with your friend. (I don’t think that one needs explaining)
- · Drink water. Increase your water intake so you feel full and the water will help flush the extra sodium out of you (from the fried foods)
- · Walk around. You can reach your 10,000 steps easily during a day at the fair.
Where ever you are enjoy your county fair, city fair or state fair. Try some new foods and check out the new exhibits and maybe I’ll see you at the fair!