Welcome To The Prescott Journal!...Wisconsin's Oldest Independent Community Newspaper Since 1855!


Call (715) 941-4842 or email: ads@prescottjournal.net

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Farmland Zone antlerless deer tags available

From DNR News Service (www.dnr.wi.gov)

MADISON - One of Wisconsin's favorite pastimes - the annual deer hunt - is just around the corner. Hunters are reminded to purchase licenses early and visit dnr.wi.gov for other helpful information before heading into the woods.
Farmland (Zone 2) antlerless tags are available for distribution. Depending on the deer management unit, one or more Farmland (Zone 2) antlerless deer tags are included with the purchase of each gun and archery deer hunting license.
Think strategic in making your selection. Remember:
  • All tags selected for each individual license must be for the same county.
  • If you have a combination of license privileges that include BOTH gun and archery/crossbow seasons, you may select tags in two different counties. While each license type will offer the tags, the Farmland (Zone 2) tags are NOT weapon or season specific and can be used during any season with the appropriate weapon for that season.
  • If selecting a county that offers more than one tag, you can designate one for private land and one for public land, both for private land or both for public land.
Here's how to make your Farmland (Zone2) Antlerless Deer Tag selection:
  1. Go to GoWild.WI.gov and click on the Get Started box to log into your Go Wild account.
  2. After verifying all of your personal information you'll be at your own Homepage. Scroll down to the black License heading, click on Buy Licenses.
  3. Under the black Products heading , you should see the option to receive Farmland (Zone 2) antlerless tags. Click on the blue letters "Farmland (Zone 2) tags."
  4. From there, simply click on the appropriate boxes to select the county (DMU) where you wish to use your Farmland Zone tag, and whether it will be used on public land.
  5. If you have both an archery/crossbow and gun license, you will be allowed to select tags for each.
Already purchased a license?
Hunters who have already purchased a license for hunting deer are able to select the unit and land type for Farmland (Zone 2) antlerless tags and obtain a hard copy of the tag using one of the three options found below:
  • access their online Go Wild account at gowild.wi.gov, make your selections and print your tag(s);
  • request tag(s) at a DNR Service Center; or
  • request tag(s) at a license agent (this will require a $2 processing fee).
Need to purchase a license?
Hunters who have not yet purchased a license for hunting deer will be prompted to select the unit and land-type at the point of sale. Licenses may be purchased through theGo Wild website, gowild.wi.gov or at any of the more than 1,000 Go Wild license sales locations.
Hunters who have yet to determine hunting location may defer the Farmland (Zone 2) antlerless tag selection. When ready, hunters may:
  • make a tag selection online from their Go Wild account and print themselves;
  • request desired tag(s) at a local DNR Service Center; or
  • visit a license agent (this will require a $2 processing fee).
And, remember to check out the carcass tagging FAQ (visit dnr.wi.gov and search keywords "Tag it") and a helpful carcass tagging slideshow for more information.
Bonus Antlerless Tags
Bonus antlerless deer tags are available for purchase starting Monday, Aug. 15 at 10 a.m. Bonus tags will be sold at a rate of one per person per day until sold out or until the 2016 deer hunting season ends. Bonus tags cost $12 each for Wisconsin residents, $20 each for non-residents and $5 each for youth ages 10 and 11.
For a list of units with bonus tags available for purchase, visit dnr.wi.gov and search keywords "bonus availability." These and all other deer hunting licenses and tags are available online through Go Wild and at DNR license sales locations.
Hunters will need to know the deer management zone, unit, and determine whether they will hunt on public or private land in order to purchase unit-specific bonus tags.
The first three days of bonus tag sales are management zone-specific and will be available as follows:
  • Aug. 15, 10 a.m. - Northern and Central Forest (Zone 1);
  • Aug. 16, 10 a.m. - Central Farmland (Zone 2);
  • Aug. 17, 10 a.m. - Southern Farmland (Zone 2); and
  • Aug. 18, 10 a.m. - remaining bonus tags (all zones)

Blog Archive