Welcome To The Prescott Journal!...Wisconsin's Oldest Independent Community Newspaper Since 1855!

SUBSCRIBE TODAY!

SUBSCRIBE TODAY!
Call (715) 941-4842 or email: ads@prescottjournal.net

Friday, January 15, 2016

Prescott City Council approves resolution for underpasses at two locations on Hwy. 10

The Prescott City Council unanimously approved a resolution to construct two underpasses for pedestrian and bike traffic underneath Hwy. 10 at its meeting last Monday.

The underpasses will be constructed at two points: Canton St. and at Eagle Ridge Dr. The city will be applying for a Federal grant  which would cover 80 percent of the cost of construction. The city would have to come up with the remaining 20 percent but such funding is a TIF eligible expense.

The City of Prescott will know later in the year whether they have been approved for the grant. If so, design work will begin in 2017 and construction start in 2018.

For more on this and the rest of the city council meeting, read next week's Prescott Journal, on newsstands Wednesday.


Blog Archive